Contact Info

(972) 839-8713
112 E. Main Street
Waxahachie, Texas 75165

Focus Areas

Criminal Defense

Clearing Your Record

Family Law

Helpful Info

Credit Cards Accepted

Free Initial Consultation!

Traffic Ticket Representation


You were rushing to your destination, or late picking up the kids, or just not paying attention and an officer stops you for exceeding the speed limit. Or you lost track of time and let your insurance lapse, and now you have a ticket for failure to maintain financial responsibility. You find yourself sitting in a busy municipal court or justice of the peace and think you just want to pay the ticket and get out of there - after all, it’s just a ticket. Before you admit guilt, you should know all of the consequences that could result from being convicted of a traffic violation.

A conviction for a moving traffic violation does more than just effect your insurance rates. In Texas, a conviction for certain moving violations results in “points” being assessed against you. These points will remain on your driving record for three years from the date of conviction. If you accrue a total of six (6) points or more on your driving record during a three year period, you will be assessed an annual surcharge of $100.00 for the first six points, and $25.00 for each additional point.

A conviction for certain offenses will automatically result in an annual surcharge for a period of three years. Examples of these offenses include, but are not limited to:

  • Driving without a Valid License
  • Failure to Maintain Financial Responsibility
  • Driving While License Invalid

If you are responsible for payment of a surcharge and do not pay as required, your privilege to drive or operate a motor vehicle will be suspended. Driving or operating a motor vehicle during suspension will result in additional charges and a possible extension of the suspension.

Edward A. Jendrzey, Attorney at Law, represents individuals accused of violating the traffic laws of the State of Texas. His goal is to achieve a result that will keep your ticket from adding points to your driving record. If you have received a traffic ticket, contact Edward A. Jendrzey for a free, initial consultation.